Monday, April 23, 2012

Music Monday- song highlight "O Evelyn".

We all know that I love Owen but this song is so sweet to me because it is about his daughter (as far as I have been able to figure out and her photo is on the cover of the EP so...)  It is a meaningful song, I love when musical artists become fathers, it changes them in some ways and makes them more tender and real to me.

Here is the acoustic, up-close-and-personal version of the song (filmed in Mike Kinsella's home) and the lyrics are below :)



All that I need is to know that I'll know you when you're older

O, Evelyn, don't shy away from the cameras and don't die before i do



And all that I need is to know that I'll know you when you're older

O, Evelyn, don't waste no time feeling sorry and don't lie down with salesmen



Baby I'm feeling old

and the hairs and my bones are turning grey

where skin once lived only blisters remain



All that I need is to know that I'll know you when you're older

O, Evelyn, don't let your shyness define you

you're a queen amongst libertines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails