Monday, November 1, 2010

Music Monday- REFUSED {flashback}

My goodness, how I love this band and more particularly this song.  I must warn you though, this doesn't stick with my normal genre.  I have a love for hard core/screamo music, at it's finest.  Not just any crappy band with a front man that has a talent for screaming indecipherable lyrics, but a good solid hard core band with talented musicians with imagination and heart.  I am a hard core snob, I only listen to a few choice bands.  REFUSED is one of them.  Even though the band broke up in 1998, they are still considered an epic band and were definitely ahead of their time.  This was said about their last album, it is "arguably the most influential hardcore album of all time...", that is a huge compliment.   It makes me wonder what other things they would have come up with if they stayed together.  Although, if they were having issues as a band they may have had a hard time creating, so it may be a good thing that they broke up when they did, leaving a legacy. 


"New Noise"- from the album "The Shape of Punk to Come" {1998}

Do any of you guys love this kind of music as much as I do?

1 comment:

  1. My husband just walked in while I was watching the video, and it made his day that I was enjoying Refused.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails