Monday, April 19, 2010

Music Monday- Jonsi

Today you are lucky enough to be graced with the music of Jónsi (Jón Þór Birgisson). He is the Icelandic, lead singer and guitarist of the band Sigur Ros, one of my favourite bands of all time and, I do believe, one of my favourite concerts as well. Definitely in my Top 3. {When you cry at a concert because you are so moved, that tells you something...} But I digress. Jónsi released his solo album "GO" on April 6th and it is a WIN. I have been loving this album since we got it. "He (Jónsi) is known for his use of a cello bow on his guitar and his falsetto voice", (taken from Wikipedia) which are 2 of my favorite things about him. I think I am so drawn to this music because it is an emotional journey. It is beautiful, intense and most of the time not in English so it forces you to feel and communicate through purely music and emotion. This new album, however is mostly English which is something new. I will stop there.

"Sinking Friendships" (live), from the album "GO".

jónsi - sinking friendships (live) from Jónsi on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails