Thursday, February 4, 2010

Projects and The Missionary!

On Tuesday mi madre got me started on my sewing lessons. I got this beaut for Christmas and have been anxious to get going. But you know life and with the holidays and prepping for the bro to come home, it got put off a bit. I bought a pattern for a cute and simple dress for Lola. We cut out all the pieces, ironed the lining on and started sewing the top. But we were distracted by many things and didn't get very far. So the next time I am down we will continue sewing. I am really enjoying sewing so far and can't wait to get more sewing experience! Who knows, this could turn into some things that I could add to my Etsy shoppe!!
{speaking of which I am adding my zipper headbands tonight, go check them out!}

Lola with the Husqvarna!
Remember this project... after I took down the Christmas decor, I decided I had a place to put these so here they are! I am no interior designer, so if my placement is bad... don't tell me ha ha



NEXT, RHETT IS HOME!!!
{please forgive me for wearing that yellow cardigan with my platinum hair, after seeing these photos, I realize that was a BAD decision...}
what is my smile doing?? HA
waiting

Lola would not hold still, we took turns chasing her, she would fall, say "uh oh" and get up and run some more
Lola and Uncle Ryker
The whole group, even my sweet Grandparents were there!
For once in my life, I look short!
Playing after the airport at Mamah's
Rhett worked hard all weekend to get in Lola's good graces. She gave him a kiss and a hug on Tuesday, so I think it is working!
We love you Rhett and are so happy that you are home and served an honorable mission. Now let's try to fend off all those ladies that keep calling and dropping by...

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Rhett is home! Tell him Hello from me. :) Good luck with the sewing lessons-I love to sew. I got ambitious and started sewing a piece quilt...we'll see how that goes. :)
    And happy 3rd year with your husband! That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear about your sewing!! It is so much fun once you get the hang of it. And I'm always surprised at how much I can make with such little skill!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not believe it has been 2 years. I remember it was a couple of days before he was leaving and he was hanging out with Reece. Seriously, 2 years later and he's home! Good luck with your sewing machine. I'm sure you'll be whipping out some good stuff here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, I bet that's so nice having him home! I'm sure he will soon be Lola's favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love my sewing machine, my grandma gave me a really nice one she bought but couldn't see to thread the needle anymore. You'll soon find you can make so many more fun things with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope sewing is going well. You all look darling as always. I can't wait to see my bro, two years is a long time...!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails