Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sigur Ros



I decided I dad to write a blog about Sigur Ros, because of their unequaled amazing-ness. I just went and bought the new CD Hvarf-Heim. It is a double CD, one with new and b-sides type songs and the other with accousticly re-molded songs. It is amazing! I don't know what it is about them but they seriously warm my soul and make me feel happy and peaceful. I am also very excited for their new fill length feature DVD. It was filmed over a two week period last summer while they were touring their homeland of Iceland, performing free shows in all sorts of nooks and crannies in Iceland. The preview takes my breath away and I am anxious to get it when it releases in the US on November 20th. Here is a link to the trailer for "Heima".
While we are on the subject I also wanted to say how great their live shows are. Everyone I have talked to that has seen them live can agree with me, and has agreed that it will leave you awe struck. It is a very moving and emotional experience. Close to spiritual.
As you all know, I am a lover of music to the Nth degree. It is a big part of my life and is a passion of mine and I am grateful for amazing musicians like Sigur Ros who are making beautiful, uplifting music that can be heard all over the world and bring joy to those who listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails