Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beauty Products #1

I thought it might be fun to share some of our favorite cosmetics and beauty products.  Leave me comments about what some of your fav's are as well.  I am up for some good suggestions.

SKIN

I am pretty simple when it comes to skin products, for example- the only thing I use on my face is Dove Beauty Bar.  My dermatologist growing up told me this is one of the best things to use on your face and you don't need to scrub with it either, just a soft lather will do and splash it off with water.  It has been great for me and is mild on the skin as well.
Every now and then, if my face is extra dry I use Aveeno Positively Radiant (or the Up and Up {Target brand}version of it, depending on the price)

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 - 4 oz.
Seriously that is it... maybe I should do more.  But I figure, why kill myself when my skin is still young and healthy?  Or am I just lazy?  You will never know...


HAIR

Right now I am using KENRA Color Maintenance Shampoo and Conditioner.  It works alright but is not my fav.  I prefer Pureology but it is so dang expensive- so I bought these at the liter sale at Trade Secret to use  for a while.
Then every other wash I use this purple shampoo.  Since I have platinum blond hair I want to make sure it stays looking that way.  This shampoo pulls out any yellowness or brassiness and keeps it looking clean and fresh.

Next I use Big Sexy Root Pump Plus to give my hair volume, apply to roots when wet.

Next I use CHI Silk Infusion, which gives my hair shine and texture.  I use this on the day I wash my hair- I wash every other day.

On the days in between washes, I use this spray- CHI Shine Infusion, to give my hair that extra shine.

For hairspray I used to use Big Sexy but have now found a fabulous and cheaper replacement- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Firm Hold Hairspray.  I love this stuff and you can get it at Macey's (the grocery store or any Associated Food Store wink, wink) for around $5!!

So as not to bore you to death, Iwill stop there.  I will commence with makeup in the next post.  But be sure to let me know if you hate this and would rather me stop because I can also do that ha ha

6 comments:

  1. i'm definitely a Pureology fan. the purple one's my favorite. ever. i have this handy dandy cosmetology license that helps me get it wholesale, (if you ever want a hook-up, let me know) and the dove bar really is the best thing ever- I've had Eczema issues my whole life, and a plain old original dove bar is the only soap that doesn't dry me out and make me itch all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm especially glad you put up a good hairspray- I just ran out and I need to get some -even though I almost never use it. My last can lasted me a decade, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the tip about the hairspray. I love the big sexy stuff too but just can't bring myself to pay $16 for hairspray. I will try that kind next! also, if you ever want to try something different for shine pureology has a great shine spray too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this makes me feel like I am under-doing my hair! I just shower every day with Head and Shoulders because it keeps it from getting greasy, especially when I work long shifts. I don't us any other products because I feel like they just make my hair look oily/greasy...

    I love cetaphil but it is pricey ( on my budget anyway) so I just use apricot scrub and johnson's baby wash for my face (in that order). I'll have to try the dove bar! I like simple cleaners! This was fun, Thanks Dari!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I am a big fan of Cetaphil moisturizer and it lasts forever. I am really looking forward to the make-up post. I need help...especially with eyeliner :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool post idea! I love Cetaphil face cleanser. On my hair I use the Matrix line for shampoo and conditioner. I love Biosilk's finishing spray and shine drops.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails