Monday, April 4, 2011

Music Monday- Mindy Gledhill

I know Mindy Gledhill has been blogged about by C. Jane and Nie Nie so a lot of you have probably already heard of her but I am just jumping on the band wagon and here is why...  I am very skeptical of the "Girl Utah Singers".  I don't like a lot of the local women here that are basically Christian artists.  They have pretty voices but I don't like their style and I feel like a lot of them lack "substance".  Well I have been proven wrong and have been kicked in the butt for my sweeping generalization of the above mentioned genre of music.  Enter Mindy Gledhill, she is the cutest little thing ever and her music is happy and uplifting and sweet and enchanting.  I am such a sap that I think know that I get teary most every time I watch this video.  Go ahead, laugh at me.  My babies have turned me into a boob!  She makes me wish I were using my singing talent more and she makes me want to write lyrics as well. {I never do that anymore}  Inspiring, yes, that is a good word to describe her and her music.  Let me know what you think :)




Here are a couple of her other songs that I adore!

Hourglass


P.S. She is playing at Velour in Provo, UT on Thursday 4/7 with Parlor Hawk (they are great as well) at 8pm.  So if you like what you hear, check out the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails