Monday, December 6, 2010

Music Monday- Thursday

Have I ever told you that one of my all-time FAVOURITE bands is THURSDAY??  If not, we haven't talked music much ;)  Thursday is one of my special bands, along with Minus the Bear, Owen and a couple others.  Ones that made my top 5 and let me tell you, that is not an easy task.  Today I wanted to share a few of my fav's from my boys Thursday.  I remember at The Warped Tour back in probably 04 or 05 when I went with my buddy Isaac and he got me back stage and I got to meet Geoff Rickly, the lead singer of Thursday, it was short and sweet.  I have never been one to get star-stuck and make an arse out of myself because this person happens to be talented and famous.  I always want to treat them like a regular person, because after all, they are.  It completed my life at that point. ha ha  I was extremely happy to be able to meet him.  Basically, I love THURSDAY so here are some goodies for you to enjoy.

"Cross Out The Eyes" from the album "Full Collapse" (2001)

"Counting 5-4-3-2-1" from the album "A City By The Light Divided" (2006)

"Steps Ascending" from the album "War All The Time" (2003) Listen to what this song is about at the beginning.... so sad!


What's even better?  They are coming on tour to Utah on February 5th with Underoath, another one of my fav's as far as screamo goes and they will be playing the album "FULL COLLAPSE" in it's ENTIRETY (as a 10th year anniversary hurrah)!!!!!!!!.  I am going to try to be well enough to attend this show.  Perhaps Chris and I can go for an Anniversary date!!  Can you take a newborn to a hardcore show? ha ha I KEED, I KEED!!!  But I should definitely rock my old school Thursday hoodie circa 2002 that someone tried to buy off my back at a show a few years ago. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Mostly because I heart Thursday too! Their "War All the Time" album is one of my favorite albums of all time. I didn't know that they're coming in February WITH Underoath!!!

    Would it be bad for me to go to one last concert five days before my due date? I'm actually seriously considering it, maybe the music will induce labor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH man! Rock on!! They are one of my favorite bands too along with Brand New & Taking Back Sunday.
    I got to meet the lead singer of Thursday at well at Warped Tour 2006. Very nice guy :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails