Wednesday, December 29, 2010

38 Week Update *Last One*

Well the Dr is having me go in tomorrow night to have this baby... if all goes well, there should be a new baby Perry here by 8pm tomorrow!!!  I am so excited to meet him, it is very surreal for me.  I keep trying to imagine what it will be like with him here and I get so happy but a little nervous at the same time.  Change is always something you have to adjust to and fit your new life around.  I know it will be great!  Lola said the cutest thing I have ever heard yesterday.  I took her to my OB appt with me {no pelvics since I'm a c section mama, ya!} and the Dr was asking about her new little brother and she told him that the baby's name is Owen and after the Dr walked out she said, "I am so excited to see baby Owen!".  My heart melted when I heard my sweet little baby say that.  I know that seeing them together will be the best thing in the world. 


I only hope I can be as sweet and patient and loving as I want to be to my children.  I have overwhelming amounts of love for my children and I know that will be what helps me through the rough and tough, adjusting times.  I have been very sentimental and lovey toward Lola lately.  I am realizing more now that she won't be the only one anymore and it makes me a little sad.  Her whole world is about to be flipped upside down and I pray that the adjustment will be easy on her.  I know she will love Owen so much and will be such a great helper to me and her dad.  She is already so strong willed and mature beyond her age.  She reminds me of myself- I have always been a helper to my mom and a second mom to my siblings, mostly the boys.  I was always excited to have children and have never had a worry in my head about being able to care for them.  That is something my mom taught me very well.  She is an amazing example to me.  I hope I can be like her.

Anyway, there are some of the thoughts that have been rolling around in my head this last week.  I have done a lot of contemplating; this is such a special time.  So here I am at 38 weeks, ready to burst with this almost
9 lb baby. 

P.S.  If you want to guess a length and weight, please do so!! Just leave your guesses in the comments and we can see who is the closest. :) 



My fav part of the ensemble, my new boots that I got for Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. 9lb 2oz 22.5in
    Good Luck! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relieved to know it hasn't happened yet...I turned to Daren last night to explain to him that there's a good chance you've had your lil guy and I'm so behind on my interneting that I missed it. Phew.... I'm a horrible guesser...
    I'm gonna say 8 lbs 12oz 20.5 in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you!
    I can't wait to see photos of him.
    I wish you & your family all the best tomorrow :)

    My guess..hmm. I will say
    9lbs 6 oz
    21 in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh & are those hunters??
    Ooo la la. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the best mom! I can't wait to see baby Owen! 9lb4oz 23in(I've never been good at guessing. Good luck, if you need anything, don't hesitate to call!
    I love the boots! I have a pair but mine are cover in mud and horse manure...yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Dari! You will love having two babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abi yes they are Hunters. They have been great in this snowy weather lately! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see pictures of you beautiful baby boy!

    Sorry, but I'm going to guess 10lb 2oz and 23inch long. Just based on the fact you're going 2 weeks early and that Jed apparently thinks this kid is huge!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails